Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You Are 57

Okay, I know two weeks is a long time between blog posts, so I apologize to my readers for the brief sabbatical. Not to make excuses, but I do have a lot going on in my life. Between work, family and church, there's not much time for anything else. Not to mention my budding music career.

Recently, with what free time I do have at my disposal, I have been busy recording, mixing and editing the following piece of artistic genius in honor of my parents' 57th birthdays.



At the release of this video, I am anticipating about a dozen, if not dozens of inquiries to come pouring in. Listed below are the questions that I know everyone will be dying to ask. Or not. These could just be coming from the voices in my head.....

"You Are 57" FAQ

Q: How did you come up with the idea for this song?
A: My parents turned 57.

Q: What is that thing that keeps popping out in the top left corner in some of the frames?
A: A Scrabble board.

Q: Who was filming? Couldn’t they keep the camera steady?
A: The camera was mounted on a tripod, but apparently either the Scrabble board or the camera couldn’t stop dancing to the music (perhaps caused by a predefined image stabilization setting, or something, I don’t know). I didn’t realize what was going on until after I was done filming, at which point I lacked the time and energy to reshoot.

Q: Why do you have a Scrabble board on your wall?
A: In a house full of small children, game boards are often put to better use as wall decorations, rather than playing games on them.

Q: You're not pulling a Corey Vidal, are you? Is that really you singing?
A: No, no. That is my voice you are hearing.

Q: Where did you learn those dance moves?
A: Before shooting this, I reviewed my “How To Dance Like A White Guy” instructional guide.

Q: Did you just do the Macarena? That was sweet.
A: Yes, I did. Thanks.

Q: What characters are on your t-shirts?
A: Top left: Orko; Top right: Figment; Bottom left: Beaker; Bottom right: Pacman ghosts

Q: How did you find the time to make this?
A: When you have a dream, and that dream is to make a cheesy song and video celebrating your parents’ 57th birthday, then you make the time.

Q: This song rocks. I want to listen to it everywhere I go. Where can I download a free MP3?
A: Here: http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/21212

So, was the lack of recent blog entries worth the wait, or have I lost you as a reader, in which case you aren't actually reading this....?

If your question was not included in the above FAQ, and you want it answered, please ask away in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment