Thursday, November 12, 2009

Four Months, Twelve Remixes

From June to September, I dedicated all my spare time to feeding my music hobby/obsession. Once I got a new song idea in my head, I had a hard time focusing on anything else until I could produce the track. Recently, however, I've put music-making on hold, so as not to neglect the family and the day job too much.... I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back into the "studio" at this point, but until then, here's a summary of all the stuff I've made so far...

The Left Is Making Me Nervous. This is what got me started. It's a political parody of Making Me Nervous by Brad Sucks.

You Are 57. A gift to my parents celebrating their 57th birthdays. I talked about this one in an earlier post, where you can also watch the music video I made for it.

Saturday Is Old. This is a mash-up of This Is Old by State Shirt and Saturday by DJ Vadim. State Shirt called it crazy in one of his blog entries.

No Rainbows At 33. Inspired to do this one when a friend of mine requested that I write them a birthday song after watching the You Are 57 video.

He-Man Has The Power. I made this for Rhett & Link's 80s themed community building exercise. It's about He-Man. Some crazy kids in Australia thought that it was appropriate material to use in a Twilight parody video.

MJ Packed All Up In My Brain. Another entry into the above-mentioned CBE, mashing up three different Rhett & Link songs with Bad, Beat It and Billie Jean. It was good enough to receive an honorable mention from Rhett & Link.


Have A Good Trip. A farewell ditty dedicated to my sister and brother-in-law as they moved out to Colorado. Artemisstrong remixed it here.

Bright Morning Stars (Simple Guitar Mix). My contribution to ccMixter's Secret Mixter Summer 2009, featuring the Tom Waits-esque vocals of Anchor Méjans.

Mermaid Anchored Down Under. Another Anchor Méjans-inspired remix.

Cases Of A Misused Apostrophe. While thinking about one of my biggest pet peeves and They Might Be Giants, I came up with this song, dedicated to English teachers and punctuation enthusiasts everywhere. Instrumental stems provided by Brad Sucks.

Madeline Is Nine. Celebrating my daughter's ninth birthday. Fellow ccMixter artists,
Tenny and @nop felt compelled to create their own remixes for Maddie here and here.

Peace Around The World. My remix of
Brad Stanfield's cry for peace. Special Note: All of my other stuff makes use of other people's instrumental samples, but on this one, I composed and recorded the instrumentals, myself. A first for me!


You know, I guess I have enough here to make an album... Would anyone buy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment