Sunday, May 24, 2009

Friends

Friends are important. They are there for you when you need someone to talk to. They support you in your hour of need. You share laughs and tears together. They understand your mistakes. They listen without judging or jumping to conclusions.

I wish I had more friends. I envy my wife who has done a tremendous job over the years of keeping in touch with her childhood and college friends. She has the uncanny ability to befriend almost anyone she comes in contact with, and forge strong bonds with every single one of them. She has a vast support system at her disposal whenever she needs it.

Me, not so much. I have a tendency to fall out of touch and let my relationships dwindle. My closest friend is my wife, which is not something that I regret, but sometimes a dude needs to talk to a dude. At the moment, I don't have a dude to talk to.

Anyway, right about now you are probably thinking this:

No comments:

Post a Comment